General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
Fees are exempted of VAT. Exo art. 44 1.s) of Luxembourg VAT law.
In order to enroll for the Conference you have to register at the conference webpage. You will always receive a confirmation of your booking. An automatic reply will immediately follow an on-line registration and in the subsequent business days a complete confirmation will follow once your registration has been processed by our secretariat.
If you do not receive anything, please send an email to the LCSB Conference Office (contact address as stated on the event website) to make sure that we have received your booking.
- For events with registration on a first come first served basis, this confirmation email serves as proof of registration and specifies all event details included in the registration.
- For events with registration only after a prior selection process, the confirmation email serves as proof of pre-registration. The outcome of the final selection, and, for those registrants who have been selected, the invitation to complete the full registration and make the payment of the registration fees, will be communicated via email to each registrant.
Conference Application and Admission Processes
If your Conference application is accepted (approved), you are expected to pay immediately in order to confirm your attendance and accommodation (if provided). In this regard, LCSB and its payment provider LD Organisation sprl collects your payment and billing information and will use such information to process your payments.
Online Registration for LCSB events is subject to the following payment conditions:
- For events with registration on a first come first served basis, LCSB must receive the payments for the registration fees as detailed on the event webpage before the registration can be confirmed.
- Admittance to the Conference cannot be permitted without prior receipt of payment or a valid proof of payment.
- In case of authors whose applications are undergoing a pre-selection process, payment will be required only after the invitation to full registration. The selection process usually takes 3-4 weeks after the registration deadline. The selected registrants will be invited for full registration and payment of the registration fee via email.
- Credit card payments will be processed via a secure online payment module included in the registration form. Registration fees charged in EUR will be debited in EUR.
- EUR payments may be made through Visa and Mastercard and American Express. German bank account holders can also use ELV to make payments. Specific payment conditions for each event are listed on the event website.
- LCSB encourages online payments for course and conference registration fees.
- In case online payment will not be possible, please send an email to the Conference Office (contact address as stated on the event website) to check the alternative payment possibilities. They will then provide you with banking details and instructions. For payments that are made by bank transfer, all bank transfer fees must be covered by the participant and may not be deducted from the amount remitted. All registration data submitted to LCSB will be treated confidentially.
Cancellation of Registration
Cancellation of registration must be submitted in writing or via email and is valid only with acknowledgement of receipt by the LCSB Conference Office.
Cancellation fees are dependent on the notice given:
- If cancellation occurs less than 7 days prior to the start of the Conference, the cancellation cost amounts to 100% of the registration fee.
- If cancellation occurs between 7 days and 1 month prior to the start of the Conference, the cancellation cost amounts to 50% of the registration fee.
- If cancellation occurs earlier than 1 month prior to the start of the Conference, a cancellation cost of EUR 75 will be charged or 50% of the registration fee, whichever is the lower.
- If payment has been made by the payment deadline for the event and a visa is not awarded in time to travel to the event, the full registration fee will be reimbursed.
- In case an abstract is not accepted for presentation at the symposium, no cancellation fee will be due. For the other cases the cancellation policy applies.
Service as an Invited Speaker
If you agree to speak at the Conference, we collect your contact information. In some cases we may also request your biography and photograph. We collect this information to make it available to Conference applicants and attendees. Accordingly, if you agree to speak at an LCSB event, we post on the respective event website your personal information (other than payment information), including your name, employer, physical work address, work email address, work telephone number and work fax number (mostly by means of directing to your institutional website). This is in order to enable the visitors to the LCSB website, including Conference applicants, attendees and speakers to contact you with questions and requests for more information, and to provide feedback if needed.
Usage of Photographic and Video Material taken at LCSB Conference
LCSB takes photographic and video material of participants at the Conference. In registering for an LCSB event you acknowledge that we may include images of yourself intact or in part for material used in various publications, press releases, promotional activities, or other related endeavors. This material may also appear on the LCSB’s internet web page or related social media pages.
Links to other Websites
The LCSB site contains links to other Websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements for all third-party Websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing visitors' information. LCSB is not responsible for the content of partner Websites.
Exhibitors’/Sponsors’ Cancellation Policy
Cancellations should be notified in written notice to the LCSB Conference Office. The Exhibitor/Sponsor has the possibility of cancelling the sponsorship in the 15 business days following the signing of the contract.
Any outstanding payments should be paid within 14 days after the cancellation confirmation email send by the LCSB Conference Office
The cancellation confirmation is followed by cancellation of free of charge registrations that were included in the sponsoring package. If the company still wishes to attend the Conference without sponsoring, regular registration fees for industry members will be charge.
If you are accepted to the Conference, we will use your personal information to:
- process your payments and your registration and facilitate your attendance at the event;
- provide you with information regarding the Conference, including scheduling and logistics;
- provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to Conference attendees.
We also may share personal information (other than payment information) of Conference attendees (e.g. provided in the abstract book) with the other persons attending the same event. The purpose of this is to enable Conference attendees to contact each other (prior to) after the Conference, for networking purposes.
The personal information provided by you will be held in our database. It may be used to keep you up-to-date with developments in your industry and the conferences organised by LCSB. In the context of the handling of personal data, LCSB follows the law of 2 August 2002 on data protection. You may at any time exercise your right to receive insight into your stored personal information, to access and rectify these data and oppose the storage of your personal data.
Liability and Insurance
LCSB will not assume any responsibility whatsoever for any damage or injury to persons or property during the Conference. The participants are recommended to arrange their personal travel and health insurance.
Applicable Laws and Competence
If no agreement can be reached, any dispute related to the Conference will be taken in charge by the exclusive competence of the Luxembourgish jurisdiction according to Luxembourg law.